Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gratitude


My Gratitude to You

I just wanted to extend my heartfelt gratitude to those of you who have gone out of your way over the past few weeks to comment on my blog. Writing a blog is sort of like being on the radio... you think that someone is listening, but you never know if it is just you and the airwaves! You certainly don't have to read my blog, but I really appreciate it.

I try my best to share my experiences with everyone, because I feel very fortunate to be running, traveling to far away places (mostly work related trips) for great adventures and competing in races. From those of you who are runners to the non-runners, I try to capture everything from the thoughts that go through my head to the pain that runs through my legs a times and put it into words to share with you.

One of the comments I heard this week that stood out for me, came from a recreational runner after reading my Delano 50k blog (who by the way I didn't even know followed my blog) who said, "You really made me feel like I could run an ultra marathon." I appreciated this comment because it meant that this person was able to identify with me and what I was going through on that day. I really do try to be accessible and though it takes time to compose post race blogs, it is all worth it when you send me an email, or better yet, mention in person that you enjoyed something that I wrote.

I started off by blogging on races for personal reasons, so that I could learn from my experiences and hopefully become a better runner by looking back at them over time. I also thought that this was a way to hang on to these memories for just a little while longer in case for whatever reason I was unable to run again. Now it has grown into something so much more; I really do have a passion for writing about running and knowing that people enjoy reading along, makes it worth it!

I've recently made some changes to my blog to make it easier to read and more visually appealing. Hopefully these improvements will keep you coming back to read the blog and for other features as I continue to improve the it over time. I locked up a permanent link of www.siriusultrarunner.com which redirects to the blogcast account for now, hopefully making it easier to remember how to find me.

There are many reasons why I run (and write), but it is you that keeps me going, week after week. Again, thanks guys, I appreciate it and hope that you continue to follow along.

I'll be working on the recap from the Mooresville Rocket Run soon, so until then, stay healthy and keep running!