Thursday, December 2, 2010

Run CIM Prologue

Sunday I will be running the California International Marathon, commonly known as CIM. This point to point course begins at the Folsom Dam and winds 26.2 miles slightly downhill to the west before ending near the steps of the Capitol Building.

The race starts at 7am Pacific Time (9am Central Time). Individual athlete updates will display split times at the 5.9 mile, halfway and 20 mile splits as well as the finish. The pages are based on the first letter of their last name and are displayed alphabetically. Live results will be posted here. http://www.flashresults.com/2011_Meets/CIM/

Excerpt from Introspection: All of my chips are on the table in every single hand I play. I identify with Steve Prefontaine for so many reasons. For Pre, "it was more than a race." That is the way it is for me. It is more than a race; it is a way I live my life. When I put on my flats and toe the line, I am going to give it everything I have. Though I may not win, I am going to put on the best show that I can. When you watch me race you will see someone dig deep and compete beyond their capabilities. That is the same way I want to live my life; All out; 100% all of time.

I've been training to compete at this race for the last 24 weeks and I'm ready to give it everything I've got and can promise you that when I am done, I will have nothing left to give.