Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lightning Fast x-talons!

Last weekend I put together a brief write up on the new inov-8 x-talon 190's but really put them to the test this weekend. Earlier today at the Xterra Monte Sano 15km/5km race in Huntsville, Alabama I wore these for the 5km race. While co-race directing the entire event, I chose to run the shorter distance, which did not have much climb, but still had technical footing and was actually about 3.25 miles long.  I wore the new 190's and felt like my feet never touched the ground once!  They were just the right amount of shoe to battle against the rocks and light enough that I could run at top speed without being bothered with excess weight on my feet.  The aggressive tread provided superb traction and with my foot so low to the ground, I felt stable even on the short road section.  I managed to hold 5:48 pace and take the overall win, made possible by these sweet shoes.  If you are not running in them by next weekend, you are making a mistake.