Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Reasons to Finish Pinhoti Trail Adventure Run

When times get tough on the Pinhoti Trail Adventure Run, here are some reasons to keep moving forward, seriously and not so seriously.

Seriously

  1.  I cancelled plans to return to Boston where I was registered to run the Marathon
  2. The amount of money invested in this endeavor from supplies to gear
  3. Taking a week of vacation from work
  4. It will be the most epic thing I have ever done
  5. I’ve put aside my speed running to focus on endurance
  6. This is high profile with Team inov-8 for me
  7. There will be lots of eyes watching from friends to family to the ultra running community
  8. The crew/team support is devoting their free time to us
  9. This would easily be at the top of my running resume
  10. This has been Rob’s dream for the last decade
  11. To prove that I can
  12. To prove the doubters wrong
  13. The hours of training in preparation
  14. To make my parents proud
  15. Because of the 6.8 billion people in the world, 99.9998533% of them can’t do this.

Not so seriously

  1. It gives me a reason not to run Cotton Row 10k.
  2. Mellow Mushroom. Mmm…
  3. What else was I going to blog about in May? The Gurley Library Challenge and Music Moves Me?
  4. Hell, we had shirts made.
  5. It’s better than a week of work at Innatech.
  6. The stock I bought in Honey Stinger.
  7. I’ve been looking for a reason to get another tattoo
  8. After this I might be half as bad ass as Kathy Youngren
  9. Getting poison ivy means getting a post-run steroid shot
  10. This will keep SportsMed Physical Therapists employed with fixing my everything after ward
  11. A reason to consume 10,000 calories a day and still fit into my skinny jeans
  12. The prize money.
  13. Training for this helped to expand the English language with phrases such as ‘peter-line’
  14. James E. Hurley likes this.
  15. Most of all, why the heck not?