Saturday, March 17, 2007

2007 Rocket Run 10 miler

Rocket Run 10 miler in Mooresville, AL



This was my first HTC race and first race wearing the Fleet Feet gear. The temperature was cool, and I started off with my Myrtle Beach short sleeve shirt under my fleet feet singlet.

The story of this race was that I went out too fast and lost it late.

I ran with Tom Possert for awhile, but then he dropped my quickly. I ran with Joe Francica and a small group for most of the race, up until mile 7. Then I decided to leave the pack at mile 7.3. This was so dumb now that I look back at it. Up until then we were taking turns running in front and breaking the wind. Up until breaking from the pack I was having a good race and a good time.

From miles 6.5 to 9 there were 25mph head winds which dropped my to 7 min pace. Once I was running alone, I was running alone into the wind.

In the last mile I was passed by Joe and at least one other runner who was in the pack from earlier in the race.

I finished 17th of 225 and 4th in my age group. This was a disappointing race for my first HTC and FF run.

Splits where: 6:11, 6:13, 6:24, 6:24, 6:23, 6:23, 6:30, 6:36, 6:47, 6:35.